We say what we mean and do what we say. We expect:
- Honesty, integrity and ethical behavior.
- A free sharing and accepting of information even when unpleasant.
- Seeking feedback relating to our performance and impact on others.
- Communicating responsibility and truthfully.
- Accountability for actions and behaviors.
- Continuous reassessment of existing practices and strategies.
We do the right thing. We expect:
- Everyone to be accountable for his or her actions and behaviors.
- Everyone to behave in an honest and ethical manner, even when making a mistake.
- Everyone to behave in ways that model and reflect our values.
- Everyone to raise questions when they occur, no matter what or who is involved.
We treat people, as we want to be treated. We are committed to achieving:
- A sensitive and compassionate workplace, dedicated to dignity for all people.
- Freedom to express thoughts, feelings and ideas openly, and without fear.
- Prompt and fair resolution of conflicts and disagreements, appreciation and celebration of each other's accomplishments.
- Respect and understanding for the differences of others.
- Personal development through training, mentoring and supervision.
We strive to be the best. This is demonstrated by our:
- Providing a safe, healthy and environmentally sound campus.
- Focus on delivering the highest quality service to the campus.
- Stewardship of those university resources entrusted to us.
- Seeking innovation through risk-taking and change.
- Measuring and improving performance.
Together we achieve more. We achieve more through:
- Participative problem solving and decision making.
- Collaboration and partnerships.
- Putting objectives ahead of personal interests.
- The diversity among people, their ideas and talents.
- Soliciting new ideas.