What the Budget Office Does
Among its many duties, the Budget Office has the following responsibilities:
- Prepare the university's annual operating budget.
- Monitor over-expenditures of salary and operating budget lines.
- Process budget changes, including transfers, supplements, and carry-forwards.
- Provide training, advice, and assistance for account managers and their assistants.
- Prepare special studies and financial models that support financial decision-making and planning activities.
- Coordinate budget systems and procedures with Payroll, Human Resources, Accounting, Faculty Records, and other related departments.
- Prepare the biennial Legislative Appropriations Request to submit to the state.