Skip to Content

Shipping & Receiving Chemicals

The U.S. Department of Transportation regulates the shipment of hazardous materials. Anyone who packages, receives, unpacks, signs for, or transports hazardous chemicals must be trained and certified in Hazardous Materials Transportation. Warehouse personnel, shipping and receiving clerks, truck drivers, and other employees who pack or unpack hazardous materials must receive this training. Contact Materials Management for more information on shipping or receiving hazardous chemicals.





June 2011
Revised November 2014