Electrical panels or breaker boxes require special safety considerations, including the following:
- Know where your panel box is located.
- Do not tape circuit switches to keep a breaker from tripping.
- Ensure that breaker circuits are accurately labeled within panel boxes.
- Ensure that panel box doors are securely attached.
- Do not block panel boxes. There should be at least 36 inches of clear space in front of a panel box.
Report tripped breakers and refer any electrical questions to the Facilities Department.
Revised November 2014