Leases of Texas State Property
The Board of Regents of The Texas State University System must approve all leases of Texas State's facilities or real property except for the following, which may be approved by the President or his/her designee:
- Short-term leases for (a) three days or less or (b) less than one year if the total rent is less than $100,000.
- Small-amount leases in which the annual rent is $1,000 or less.
Please contact the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Support Services
with the following information to draft a lease agreement:
- The name, mailing address, telephone number, and fax number of lessee;
- Building name, street address, city, state, and zip code of leased space, or some other form of describing the subject property;
- Lease beginning and ending dates;
- Type of space leased (e.g. office, surface, agricultural, research, warehouse, storage, etc.);
- Purpose of the Lease (must have a purpose aligned with educational mission);
- Amount of space leased (net usable square footage, linear feet, acres, or other);
- Lease contract rental rate in dollars; and
- Any other information relevant to the Lease agreement.