Easements & Leases
Access and Easement Agreements for Texas State Property
The Office of the Vice President for Finance and Support Services will draft and/or review the grant of easement, access and use agreement, and any other documents necessary for easements, right-of-way or other conveyance requests for Texas State Property.
- Please fill out the Application for Real Estate License/Easement Form and submit it to the Assistant Real Estate Director for review.
- Contact the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Support Services
- All easements, right-of-way or other conveyance of Texas State property must be approved by the Board of Regents of The Texas State University System.
Leases of Texas State Property
The Board of Regents of The Texas State University System must approve all leases of Texas State's facilities or real property except for the following, which may be approved by the:
- President under delegated authority not to exceed a total value of $500,000.
- Chancellor under delegated authority not to exceed a total value of $1,000,000.
Please contact the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Support Services with the following information to draft a lease agreement:
- The name, mailing address, telephone number, and fax number of lessee;
- Building name, street address, city, state, and zip code of leased space, or some other form of describing the subject property;
- Lease beginning and ending dates;
- Type of space leased (e.g. office, surface, agricultural, research, warehouse, storage, etc.);
- Purpose of the Lease (must have a purpose aligned with educational mission);
- Amount of space leased (net usable square footage, linear feet, acres, or other);
- Lease contract rental rate in dollars; and
- Any other information relevant to the Lease agreement.